AGE APPROPRIATE Music Lessons for Children in Oakville
"If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn." Michael J Fox. (We agree which is why we use the Orff Method)
Oakville Childrens Music Lessons
Age Appropriate, Preparatory Music Literacy and Private Music Lesson Preparation for ages 3 - 8
The ultimate aim of this approach is the enrichment of students' lives through the development of their inherent musicality. What makes the 'Orff Music for Young Children' special is the way it develops the idea that the child learns musical behaviour through behaving in musical ways: by creating, listening, and performing. The end result is a musically independent student.
Course length is a full school year from September to June. Due to limited spaces in the program your commitment is necessary.
What age should I start my child?; There is a growing (and convincing) body of research that indicates a “window of opportunity” from birth to age nine for developing a musical sensibility within children. During this time, the mental structures and mechanisms associated with processing and understanding music are in the prime stages of development, making it of utmost importance to expose children in this age range to music.
Playing an instrument while singing is an extremely challenging multi-tasking skill which involves TONS of brain skill. (try it yourself!) See how well this mini musicians Level 3 handles this.
In summary, there are three answers to the question, “What age should children begin music lessons?” Informal activities with music should start soon after birth, followed by more systematic classes around age three, and lessons with the goal of learning the instrument should start between seven and nine. Keep in mind that these are only guidelines; exceptions will undoubtedly occur based on the child and/or teacher. Musical experience at an early age is extremely important in a child’s developmental process. Like riding a bike or learning a language, these skills can be learned later in life, but they will never be “natural” in the way that is so important for fluid musical performance.
Goals for Mini Musicians 1 & 2; (generally level 1 = 3 & 4 years, level 2 = 5 years) Level 1: Mondays 4:10 - 5:00, Wednesdays 5:10 - 6:00, & Thursdays 6:10 -7:00 Level 2: Mondays 5:10 - 6:00, Wednesdays 6:10 - 7:00, & Thursdays 4:10 - 5:00
- to have fun while fostering a love and enjoyment of music as part of everyday life.
- to develop an ear for music as well as a sense of rhythm, movement and dynamic expression.
- to enjoy singing and the ability to sing in tune with others.
- to aid in the development of language through the use of stories, poems (set to music and movement), songs and listening activities.
- to set the stage for future involvement in music making through an introduction to fundamental music literacy.
Goals for Mini Musicians 3; Private Lesson prep 1 (generally for ages 5 and 6) Mondays 6:10 - 7:00, Wednesdays 4:10 - 5:00
- to have fun as well as to introduce a rudimentary music vocabulary in spoken and written form.
- to further develop beat competency and rhythmic independence.
- to learn a variety of accompaniment patterns that can be used in conjunction with one another to create a full ensemble experience.
- to explore simple musical forms such as binary, rounded binary, rondo, verse/chorus and canon.
- to foster an interest in music composition through improvisation.
Goals for Mini Musicians 4; Private Lesson prep 2 (generally for ages 6, 7 &8) Thursdays 5:10 - 6
- This course is a culmination of all that was learned in Mini Musicians 1 through 3 . In this level, we begin to use all the musical tools to create our own compositions and orchestrations. Children will not only invent the music that they play, they will learn how to write the correct musical notation including the pitch and the rhythm. This is the final step towards Private Lesson Preparation and choosing an instrument.
- This course will focus on the recorder and note and rhythm reading. The children will learn how to use the recorder in both the lower and upper ranges by the end of the year.
- Prerequisite: Mini Musicians 3 or an interview with the director or administrator.
When your child has graduated from Mini Musicians level 4 it is time for Private Lessons in any instrument. Click HERE to go to the Addison Music learning Centre Private Lesson website. Where you can get music lessons for ALL AGES in Piano, Guitar, Voice (singing), Sax, Flute, Clarinet, Drums, Bass and Violin.
481 North Service Rd West, Unit A7, Oakville, Ontario L6M 2V6 905-825-8668 firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Lessons in Oakville, Ontario have never been better!